Every year around this time, the junk food questions really start rolling in! Halloween through New Years is a challenging time for everyone's waist lines! The best thing you can do is just take it 1 holiday at a time. So, for now, just enjoy some Halloween candy!
I've helped to break down the "healthier" Halloween options below:
1. Peanut M&Ms (tiny bit of protein and some healthy fat)
2. Almond Kisses (Same as those M&Ms...try to keep it limited to 2!)
3. York Peppermint Patties (Low in calories, pre-portioned, and made with dark chocolate! Hello? The trifecta!)
4. 1 oz Dark Chocolate (Dove and Hershey do a great job, here!)
3. Mini Tootsie Rolls (Just 35 calories each!)
4. Mini 3 Musketeers (Just 25 calories each!)
5. 2-pack mini Twizzlers (While not exactly nutrient dense, there is only 50 calories in a 2-pack with 0g of fat)
Some of the "slower" candies help curb that craving, too! If you are one who has a hard time going back for another piece or 2, opt for something that will take longer to finish, such as lollipops, Jolly Ranchers, and gum
Keep checking back as I share some of my favorite recipes and tips!