A busy summer means less time for writing and posting! It's sort of like when people say "a busy summer means less time for [exercising], [cooking], [sleeping]....[insert healthy habit here!]."
But it doesn't need to be that way! If you can devote 5 minutes (yes, just 5!) twice a day, you'll find yourself in a healthier place in no time! Got 5? Try these ideas:
1. Take 5 after putting the groceries away to rinse and chop those fruits and veggies
2. Hard boil 3 or 4 eggs for a protein packed snack to grab in time crunch
3. Breath! Take a second for deep breathing. Pay close attention to slow, even breaths deep in your belly.
4. Leg day, anyone? Use your 5 minutes to alternate between 1 minutes of lunges, 1 minute of squats. Do each twice and end with a 1 minute wall sit.
5. Make breakfast a night in advance! Toss 1/2 Cup of oats. 1 cup of fat free or low fat milk, 1 banana, 1/4 teaspoon of honey or brown sugar, and a dash a cinnamon into an airtight container. Let it sit overnight and enjoy on your way out the door the next morning!
6. Step Outside! It's not rocket science that fresh air is good for the soul so why do we stay inside so much? Just 5 minutes of natural light and fresh air will do wonders for you!
7. Pre-package your own snacks. The #1 nutrition tip I give to everyone is to always be prepared! Don't wait until you are hungry and crunched for time to focus on your diet. Take 5 minutes to make your own pre-made snack packs- Mix walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries, and (a few!) mini dark chocolate chips. Place 1/4 cup in small Ziploc bags for nutrition on the go!
Keep checking back as I share some of my favorite recipes and tips!